Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Forgive for You

     Usually I write down in my book what I have to say before I blog so as to avoid being all over the place  but today I'm just going to write directly on my blog so forgive me if  I'm a little bit mixed up.


    Over the last few years I have been making peace with myself and those that have wronged me in the past and I can say what a refreshing experience it is to be able to let go of all of that baggage and move on. I now have better relationships with most of those people especially my father. We communicate more and although he is still stingy and still can't remember my birthday I found that when I forgave all of the wrong that he did to me I was able to actually find something in him that I love.




       I was able to do it but it is not always that easy for some people because what they have gone through is so extreme that the scars can linger for a long time. Many people are scarred for life by those around them that are supposed to love and protect them.There are people out there that have had their innocence ripped away from them as children. They had to endure the pain alone for there was no one there to hear them cry for help .





         It's not easy to forgive an uncle or cousin that raped you. Its not easy to forgive a mother or father that neglected you or abused you.Its not easy to forgive that parent, grandparent or friend  that knew what was going on yet they sat down  and did nothing about it because they didn't want to bring shame on the family. The only shame was it being allowed to go on for so long without the law being notified. It's not easy to forgive our wrongdoers but it is NECESSARY for you for your well being .


           I would like to take a page from Tyler Perry. Forgiveness is a common theme discussed in his plays and his movies. In Madea Goes to Jail a character says "when we don't forgive people we give them power over our life....they get to sleep at night while we walk around remembering everything that they have done." They have no worries for most of the time those that have wronged us refuse to even acknowledge it, so no matter what they do they still have done nothing wrong. The character goes on to say "The longer you hold on to the pain and the past, the longer you keep yourself from being free." This is so true for you can never shake your burden if you don't move on and the only way to move on is by forgiving those that have wronged you. When you carry burdens for to long you begin to find ways to try and bury the pain and often times what you find often lead to even more hurt and sometimes worst; death. It is necessary to forgive because this is the only way that you can help y



             Tyler Perry himself says "If you have all of this unforgiveness in your heart for situations it can sit inside of you and make you become someone else." When you've been affected by certain circumstances forgiveness is the way to get rid of all of that anger that you have. I'm not saying it will be easy but like I said and I will keep saying ....it is necessary. Your survival and peace of mind depends on it.



           I will never tell you that the road to forgiveness is an easy one but I can tell you that you should not attempt it alone. Always take Gods word with you.With prayer, your Bible and  a willing heart you can put all things behind you and move forward. Don't let the pain from the past define who you will be in the present, don't let it make you bitter and hateful. Instead take the past file it away in lessons learnt, hold your head up, smile and move towards your goal for although your wings have been broken with forgiveness you can soar again.



                 
           




No comments:

Post a Comment