Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Try and Try Again

"Sometimes you have to kiss a few frogs before you can find your prince>" This is one of my favourite quotes even though I don't know who to give credit for it. To the guys I like to inject my own quote "Sometimes you have to kiss a few swans in order to find your princess." (  Yes I love fairy tales)


                    Just recently on my Facebook page I've noticed a lot of my friends male and female seem to have given up on this game we call love. Their common cry is that they are tired of constantly ending up in dead end relationships that eventually end as quickly as they started. I don't think many of them realize that a good and lasting relationship just like anything else in life has to be worked on. Being in a relationship is hard and maintaining a good and happy relationship is even harder. It requires work from both parties involved. If only one side is working then that is not a relationship and everyone involved should just walk away.



Instead of us getting all depressed and crying over what we know couldn't work out in the first place or saying stupid things like "I'll never date again", we should consider every failed relationship  to be a learning experience. Every person that has come into and walked out (or had to be thrown out of our  lives) were sent to teach us something, now what we learnt is up to us.

Its is easier to say learn from your past than to actually do it but in order for the healing to begin we have to learn and let go! If we don't learn then we set ourselves up to make the same mistakes over and over again...failure would be the only option in this case. So if you find yourself at the end of a failed relationship don't cry, don't dwell on it pick yourself up and give yourself some me time. In this me time you figure out what went wrong, what could have been done differently (if anything) and what you really want out of a relationship. If you know what you want before hand then you know what to embrace and what to avoid.

So instead of giving up and trying to bury yourself in the sand after a breakup try to learn, heal and move on all in that order. Don't rush it now because I know some people two weeks later they dating again. Really give yourself time to heal and then attempt to get back in the car (model of your choice). In my Madea voice "sometimes God sends you the bad so that you may appreciate the good". I'm still waiting on my good and I don't mind kissing a few frogs until I find him....its just a part of life!

6 comments:

  1. love and i agree......truly a life lesson for me and thanks for the good advice much needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yessssss i agree also ... a true life/facts of every day life ........

      Delete
  2. Honest and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Krystal that is so so Beautiful. I am so intrigued & so interested that i had to read over twice .... Im astonished that you could come up with this yourself but then again im not shocked in a way because you are a very Lovely, intelligent, honest and much more just like myself!! .... I can relate to you so much and i always admire your honesty which is just like mee ...... You should be so proud of yourself and im sooooo proud of you and soooo glad/happy to have you as a friend...... Im gonna read over it once again if not twice . Its sooooo Beautiful, great advice, honest ... I could go on and on ..... Fair play to you Hun ... Respect!!! ... and i have so much respesct/admiration for you ... Be very proud of yourself pet . <3 yur true honest friend 4ever Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal you got Talent girl ..... you are sooooo gifted! keep up the good work hun ... wishing you all the best and good wishes , ..... Mary xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pardon me ***correction*** when i stated as above via Lovely, intelligent, honest i forget to add Lady ..... sorry about that hun .... Regards Mary xxxx

    ReplyDelete